|Job Title||Finance Manager|
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements, daily, weekly or monthly cash management reports, projected cash flows, account reconciliations and various detailed analysis reports as required by the senior management.
- Lead budgeting and forecasting processes including developing financial targets with the help of the accounting staff, school operation team and other concerned departments.
- Prepare various board documents and presentations about the financial position of the Schools.
- Review competitors performance and report on key issues to the management.
- Supervise the accounting department’s daily activity and all its functions including fee collections, accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll, general journal entries and financial reporting.
- Evaluate and assess the performance of the accounting staff to ensure all subordinate duties are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Initiate and/or maintain professional banking relationships.
- Responsible for the school’s cash management including internal and external transfers and manage bank accounts and credit facilities.
- Work closely with the external auditors, provide all requested details and review their reports.
- Ensure timely payment of the School’s liabilities including zakat and taxes.
- Manage planning and forecasting processes, define deliverables, timing, processes.
- Coordinate internal reporting and development of management reporting and analysis of the School’s financial and operating performance.
Qualification of Basic areas of Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business administration. CA/ CPA/ ACCA / CMA or MBA will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a reputed school or educational institute in a similar role. Background of Audit firm (Big four) will be an additional advantage.
- Better know how in the education discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Financial Reporting Standards and SOCPA standards.
- Strong analytical skills especially in accounting and finance. Enjoy good communication skills (verbal and written).